Irish tourist Barry Lyttle to wait another week to learn whether charge will be downgraded over alleged one-punch attack on brother Patrick Lyttle

Barry, Oliver and Patrick Lyttle in Sydney before the alleged assault. Photo: Facebook Patrick Lyttle, right, arrives in court in March to support his brother Barry, left. Photo: Paul Bibby

Barry Lyttle reunited with his father Oliver, outside Central Local Court, after being released on bail in January. Photo: Nick Moir

Barry Lyttle tries to negotiate lesser charge

An Irish tourist accused of punching his brother in the head during an argument at Kings Coss will have to wait another week to learn whether the charge against him will be downgraded following his brother’s apparently miraculous recovery.

Barry Lyttle, 33, allegedly punched his 31-year-old brother Patrick in the head following a minor disagreement about at 3am on January 3 as they stood on Bayswater Road, sending Patrick falling backwards where he hit his head on the footpath.

Patrick underwent surgery and was placed on life support at St Vincent’s Hospital.

He spent a week in a coma before making a sudden improvement in mid-January, much to the delight of his brother, father and four sisters.

Patrick Lyttle now says he wants the charges against his brother to be dropped and the pair have attended court together over the past three months as Barry’s solicitor negotiates with prosecutors in a bid to have the charge of recklessly causing grievous bodily harm downgraded.

The Lyttle family came to court on Thursday hoping to learn Barry’s fate, but the prosecutor said that he had just received new evidence from police, which he needed to examine before making a decision.

Speaking outside court, Barry Lyttle’s solicitor, Christopher Watson, said this evidence consisted of medical reports showing that Patrick Lyttle had recovered fully from his injuries and would experience no long-term effects.

Patrick Lyttle, who was not wearing the beanie which has covered his head on previous occasions, said he had made a “full recovery” and repeated his previous desire for the matter to be dealt with quickly so that “we can all just go home”.

The case will return to court on April 16.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.